Re: Pitino's brilliant plan

In a message dated 2/21/99 5:33:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
skmishra@sprintmail.com writes:

<<  Anybody
 can go 0-6 have you checked Barros's shooting line and  he is supposedly a
 sharp shooter. >>

l've never been a Barros fan. He cannot create his own shot. He only hits 3's
consistently if he's left alone. He is one of the main reasons we have an
ineffective bench. As for Pollard again, it's just swapping bodies and having
another player who has to learn from scratch. If he even was putting up 5 & 5
l might think he could help but he hasn't done that. Schintzius is probably
going to "get injured" as soon as Walter is ready so Pollard wouldn't be
replacing him and Riley, despite his non-existant play of late, performed
better than Pollard ever has in a few games early on so l'm not ready to make
that exchange.

Hey, maybe Pollard gets picked up and proves me wrong - l won't mind.

ln the meantime, we may have the player who becomes the next "best" player in
Paul Pierce. That is a hell of a lot to put on a rookie's shoulders but as
much as our team play has been painful to watch, his play has been a
tremendous source of hope.

George