Celtics shortcomngs on defense

Here is a summary of why the C's are failing on defense:

Added Dana Barros: ``We're trapping, we're pressing. We're at bad angles
sometimes. We're doing that because we're just not physically big and
strong, so it's just like a full circle that we're always trying to
compensate for certain things. We're not always able to have our best
rebounders inside where we need them. We get down and then we have to press.
And once you start pressing, there are no rules. You just go where the ball
takes you and the rotations take you. So sometimes you have guards on
centers and forwards.''

** Dana Barros should be first player who should be traded out because he is
not big and strong to play his position.

Pitino pointed to Paul Pierce as the only player who generally enjoys a
physical advantage in his
``(The rebounding problems) could be inexperience, youth and everything
else. But when you're trying to win now, that's a problem. You don't
necessarily have the solution.''

But Pierce, among others, recognizes that bodies shouldn't be getting pushed
around as badly as the Celtics did by the Trail Blazers.

``It's embarrassing,'' Pierce said. ``It's embarrassing to the team; it's
embarrassing to me. We just have to take a look at ourselves and decide what
we're going to do. I mean, are we going to come out the next night and play
better or what? It's something we definitely have to talk about, and then
everybody has to look inside themselves . . . .''