Re: Pitino Contemplating Moves - Walker To Small Forward?

Mister Ghost wrote:

> >From today's Peter May column in the Globe:
>
> "'We just got physically overpowered in the frontcourt,'"
> said Rick Pitino.  The Celtics coach knows he must do something
> about the team's physical presence -- or lack thereof -- even if it
> means
> trading one of the club's assets.  "'We're getting dominated on the
> glass... If you don't rebound the basketball, you don't win in this
> league.'
>
> "Pitino said he is contemplating moving Walker to small forward,
> but that would mean taking time away from either Paul Pierce or
> Mercer."
>
> I think it would be best to ride out the season, get another quality
> forward in the lottery, and then trade Walker or Mercer.  I also don't
> see much sense in moving Walker to small forward and taking minutes away
> from Pierce, the best player on the team.  If you're going to do that,
> you might as well trade Mercer, and use Pierce at shooting guard,
> because
> he should be playing 35 minutes a game.
>
> Whatever the case, Pitino doesn't appear to be too happy, and that
> usually
> mean a trade is on the near horizon.  Let's hope Pierce isn't the one
> going...

IMO Popeye should start and Pierce should be 6th man, replacing Popeye
and moving Antoine to PF. Antoine should be the swing forward and get
the most minutes(36-38),Pierce should get 30-35 minutes and Popeye
should get the rest(23-30), but we have to get him into playing shape
and that will take minutes on the court. That I think would help cure
our rebounding problem.

Regards,
Hart