Future point guard?

I just wanted to talk basketball today, so here are some of my thoughts
relating to numerous posts.

I think that we may see Wayne Turner from Kentucky come to Boston.
I am not sure what his draft position will be but he can defend and play
the press.  As a back up to Kenny for the next couple years he would fit
right in while he learns the NBA game.

As far as a center goes I'd still like to see us get Campbell but not
sure how that would work. The only person LA might be interested in that
I would consider trading is Kenny A.  But then we wouldn't have a
serviceable point.  This Celt's team can't operate without a true
passing point, with a real center I wouldn't worry about scoring from
the point, for now, as long as we have a passer.  There might be a
serviceable point cut from some other team today that the Celt's should
look at.

I don't see the value to Garnett (sp?) unless Barros is on his way out.
I would rather see the Celt's restructure Barros contract and keep him
then move him for next to nothing.  I think Barros might consider this
as he is in a great situation for his skills/age/respect.

I think that the Celt's have to try to get either Riley or DS into the
kind of shape they need to be in to play center.  Either could surprise
with the right work ethic.  DQ is proving that you can play in the NBA
with the right work ethic, in the right situation  (Can you say Joe
Kline).

Even with a legit center you still would need one of these guys (Riley
or DS), or similar, for the end of the bench.  Battie will be too good
for the end of the bench.  The question is could he be good enough to be
a starting center someday?  Next year?  Otherwise trade him for a first
round pick and get two point guards in the draft to fight for the
starting role?

There doesn't seem to be a legit center in the draft who will be around
when it is our turn to draft.

I don't see any big free agent signings in the near future.  With four
young pressing defensive players at 1,2,3,4 (Assuming Turner is picked)
Some combination of Battie, Riley, DS + DQ could work.

I also think that McCarty should be given a try as a pressing center.  I
am afraid that his use to this team as a 3 is going away.  He is too one
dimensional at just the 3.  Didn't he play some center at Kentucky?  I
love his energy but we need more options then one position from a deep
bench person.

Thanks for putting up with this,  <Jim