Re: Walker is a shorter shaq

Todd Crane wrote:

> (snip) There is a big difference IMNSHO between committing a mistake in the course of the
> game action and being a complete loser when it comes to shooting freethrows.  A free
> throw is a very simple shot, 15 feet from the basketball with absolutely no defense.
> Why can't Walker make 7 out of 10!  (snip)

I was not trying to single you out, but your long argument in reply just
proves my point: On the day after a big win, why are we focusing on
negative details? Obviously, Walker needs to improve his FTs; everyone
recognizes that, and surely Walker and the coaches are trying to fix his
problem. But we've beaten that dead horse ad nauseum, and more postings
on the subject will not change Walker's FT mechanics one iota. So all
I'm saying is that today the glass is half full, that last night was a
landmark win--and that is the point, to win games. So what if they
didn't look pretty doing it? We waited months for the lockout to end and
for the Celts to get some wins, so now that it's happening I would
prefer to enjoy it, OK?
--
Mike Dynon

P.S.  Bill Russell's career FT %, for reg. season and playoffs combined,
was .568, and it didn't stop him from winning 11 championships or being
the greatest player of all time.