Re: your mail

I think Alvin was enticed by the prospect of starting rather than backing up
Stoudamire.

Stewart didn't do much in the 3 games against Boston, and as far as I can tell
he hasn't done much since Toronto signed him. It's interesting to note that
Eric Riley, despite getting no more than about 15 mpg in the past 4 games, is
10th in the league in blocked shots (and, amazingly, Pierce is like 14th!). I
dont think Stewart is among the league leaders. I too wouldn't mind seeing
Stewart in green -- you are right, he signed just a one year "wink wink" deal
-- but if Riley keeps up at this level, I don't know that we need Stewart.
Neither one is any kind of offensive force. Match Stewart or Riley with, ahem,
Vitaly Potapenko and you have a complete two-headed center: one who can run
the court, rebound & block shots, the other with terrific low-post scoring
ability and the bulk to defend the post.

Greg Odegaard wrote:

In Mr. Ghost/Way Ray's list of PG's he did a good job of listing current NBA
PG's and clearly the outcoming college class, but he left off my choice for
a young guy who could be a championship team PG for the next 10+ years, who
I hope Toronto of all teams hasn't locked up for good, Alvin Williams.  I
watched this guy perform routinely at a very high level for an undrafted PG
for Portland last season, before ironically enough he was packaged with
Kenny to Toronto for Damon.  He talked openly about wanting to come back to
Portland, and who knows why or how Toronto has convinced him to stay and
Yogi to pass up the Celts (who btw has stunk it up big time, with Kevin
Willis playing well.  I would love to know btw of any reported observations
of Stewart's playing in any of the 3 games against Boston by someone who was
at or saw the games).  I think he signed a one year deal with Toronto's
1.75MM exception.  I believe we can get him if he is FA this summer, and
that he can be the real deal.  Warwick do you know the terms of his current
deal? Thanks