Re: Walker is a shorter Shaq

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Dynon <mdynon@ix.netcom.com>
To: Celtics List <celtics@igtc.com>
Date: Thursday, February 18, 1999 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: Walker is a shorter Shaq

>Also, the person who recently stated that fans put their team under an
>unrealistic microscope was totally on target.  Last night the Celts won
>a 3OT game ON THE ROAD, yet there's nitpicking: why was it so hard to
>beat Vancouver, why did Rahim score so much, why didn't Riley play
>more?  Only two years ago, we suffered through a hopeless 15-win season,
>but even though the team is now vastly improved, we still bitch and
>moan.

I made the statement that we need to give some of our opponents credit
instead of harping on our guys, particularly after a big win.  But
unfortunately Mike, this disease plagues fans of all the Boston area teams.
Each  one of them has a loyal following that will be satisfied by nothing
less than excellence.  While that is a noble, it is also completely
unrealistic to believe that pro athletes are not going to suffer with off
games complete with missing free throws, mishandling easy passes and blowing
the occasional wide open layup.  They are human beings also.  They just
happen to be paid extraordinarily well to play a game.

Cecil

P.S.  If all we give up is Kenny, Battie, Minor and next year's #1 for
Mutumbo and Fisher, I say, why the wait?