Re: Walker is a shorter Shaq

Todd Crane wrote:

> (snip)...Players who can't hit
> their free throws at least 70% of the time have no right wearing a
> professional uniform.  Never mind being given the title "veteran all
> star."
>
> Now that my ranting is over let me profess my love for Mercer and
> Pierce.  (snip)

Well, thank God that Pierce is now shooting .714 from the stripe, so we
don't have to rip that jersey off him.  And by the way, did you love
Mercer with 30 seconds left in the second OT when he went in for a
completely open lay-up that would have iced the game, but MISSED it,
then committed a foul on a 3-pt shot to allow Vancouver back in the
game?

Excuse my sarcasm, but the prevailing general attitude on this list is
that Walker is fatally flawed, while Mercer and now Pierce walk on
water.  Well, guess what?  Since Jordan retired, EVERY player in the
league has a weakness in his game.  Yeah, I want Toine to make his FTs,
but it makes no sense to me why he is so vilified, and Ron and Paul are
deified, when they are all playing hard and want desperately to win.

Also, the person who recently stated that fans put their team under an
unrealistic microscope was totally on target.  Last night the Celts won
a 3OT game ON THE ROAD, yet there's nitpicking: why was it so hard to
beat Vancouver, why did Rahim score so much, why didn't Riley play
more?  Only two years ago, we suffered through a hopeless 15-win season,
but even though the team is now vastly improved, we still bitch and
moan.

The bottom line is the Celts gutted out a win last night in a game that
maybe they had no business winning.  That's a sign of a good team.  How
about if we just enjoy that for 24 hours?
--
Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI