Re: Point Guards

<< Is there any chance the we could get Stephen Marbury? I know he isn't going
 be resigning with Minnesota, but would he fit our style? We could either
trade
 Anderson or Barros and maybe another player for MArbury only if he said to
 sign with the Celtics. What do you guys think?- >>

I would love to have Marbury and I think he'd be an upgrade at the point. I
don't think anything definite has been decided as to if he is staying in Minny
or not. He supposedly wants to play for the Knicks since he's a Brooklyn boy
but there is no way he'll fit under their cap unless they were to trade for
him now or later (as part of a sign & trade by Minny). If McHale doesn't think
he can sign him then he has to trade him before the deadline. He cannot let
him go for nothing like he did with Googs. While I doubt McHale would prefer
Kenny to Marbury, he's going to have to see what his alternatives are. With
the current salaries we would have to take back a few million dollars in waste
from the T-Wolves to make it work. Then even if they were willing, is Gaston
prepared to have 4 players making the maximum salary in a few years? I like
Kenny BUT Marbury has more defensive promise and looks more durable so far.

George