Kings game

Tonight's game might well be a preview of the 2002 finals.  These are
the two most auspicious teams in the league, in my opinion, and we are
lucky to be facing the Kings the night after an excruciating overtime
loss to the Jazz.  They got ripped off like everybody else does, when
that big overrated pussy and half-wit Karl Malone got bailed out on an
airball when Chris Webber hadn't even touched him.  Every time I see a
touch foul on that behemoth it makes my stomach churn.  You know what
a foul is?  A foul is when you interfere with somebody's shot.  You
couldn't interfere with Malone's shot unless you had a truncheon, and
I wish someone did.  Dave Cowens would know how to handle him.  Oh
yes, the Kings.  Well, the Kings have a great scorer at a position
(point) where our man is not a great defender, but Williams isn't
going to kill us by himself.  Divac is dangerous, Webber and Walker
are a wash, and Predrag Svotlnnslkjsdmlc can flat out shoot the lights
out.  Watch out for him.  The Kings have a lot of firepower on that
end of the floor, but I wonder how they will do on the other end.  If
we have our Xs and Os down a little, and can get running, we should
win a high scoring game.  We need to play disciplined, however,
because the Kings will batten on turnovers, just like we do.  It's
like in Tekken when both players choose Yoshimitsu.

Oppostion players of note:  I watched Alan Iverson the other day
against Atlanta.  With no disrespect to Antoine, he gets my vote for
most unstoppable young scorer in the league.  The guy is really
incredible.  The Poor People's Player, Vescey calls him.  You know
what?  I'm glad he exists.  That guy is schoolyard personified..

---Jim Meninno  wrote:

> Sorry to interrupt the Shaquille O'Neal discussion group, but
there's a
> pretty big game going down tonight, if you haven't noticed.  The
Celtics
> have had a week to hone their games and this is a sort of second
opening
> night.  We fans expect to see a better prepared, smoother executing
team
> tonight.
>
> It will be interesting to see how far Sacremento have come.  Webber
has
> been playing like a man possesed this year, and he and 'Toine seem to
> have something personal going on, so that should be fun to watch.
> Pierce should match up with Corliss Wiliamson pretty well, and I
don't
> think that either Divac or Jason Williams are so dominant that they
will
> be the difference.  So, it probably comes down to the Webber/Walker
> duel, with Webber having the advantage so far this season.
>
> On thing that has been troubling me today are the stories I've been
> reading about Ron Mercer.  It just sounds like he's still really
> tentative, not at all someone who's eager to get back on the court.
I'm