-----Original Message-----
From: uunet!igtc.com!owner-celtics
[mailto:uunet!igtc.com!owner-celtics]On Behalf Of Timothy K. Tsai
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 1999 11:21 AM
To: Celtics Mailing List
Cc: Timothy K. Tsai; uunet!intercall.net!ttsai
Subject: buying tickets

Hi,

I was wondering if my experience buying Celtics tickets is a common
one.  I am going to be in Boston visiting a friend on 2-26, when the
Knicks play the Celtics.  So, my friend called TicketMaster and tried
to buy two tickets.  Of course, he couldn't find a block of two seats,
which isn't surprising for a Knicks game on the weekend.  Anyway,
TicketMaster added a $55 "facilities charge" to the $85 tickets.  I've
never ordered from TicketMaster before, but it sounds like a scalping
charge.

In any case, I'm still eager to see my first Celtics game in person
for the first time in my life, so I'm ready to pay just about any
price for it.  But, $140 per tickets is quite a shock for me.  Is this
typical?

Tim
ttsai@research.bell-labs.com