Kobe/Larry

Ok not to incite a riot, because as I said before no one hates the Fakes more than me, and I would rather see Kobe fail for the sake of his team, and NBC of course, and he had an overall  mediocre game at best today, but once and for all, he is the star.  He hit the huge shots from Compton, while Shaq sits on the bench because he isn't a scorer in the true sense, and his free throws, forget about it.

And the comment on our boy Larry, after watching the statuette look on his face in a replay after Smits missed the second FT, by Costas; "The Stone Cold Look of an Athletic Assassin".  This is exactly why Mr. Bird was and always will be my favorite, he was the game, and the game came to him, and emotion had no true place in the arena of athletic endeavors.  Except after winning it all.  Let us all feel that high again soon.

Oh to have one true player on our current team to have this look.  AW will have to calm down, but he has the skills.  Maybe PP or Ron.

Can't wait for Friday in the Rose City.  I have to say again how lucky I feel with the Celtics only playing 3 western conference games, actually coming to Portland.

Bring it on,
Ode