Re: Why are we taking swings at our players...

In a message dated 2/11/99 11:46:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, snoopy1@pig.net
writes:

<< Frankly, Schintzius has shown me nothing at all.  I don't think he's going
 be there much longer.  >>

In the case of Schintzius I just have to defer to Pitino & Wallace who should
know what they are doing better than I do. Considering his track record,
losing last year due to injury, the short training camp, and the minor
injuries hampering his ability to practice/play at 100%, I would have to think
that even if he sticks with the team we won't see any contributions until the
second half of this already shortened season. What the hay, it's not like we
have someone better waiting to fill his role. Maybe we get lucky again like it
looks we are with Riley. If Pitino & Wallace can find Bowens & Rileys, I'm
willing to wait and see how Schintzius works out. At least it sounds like he's
trying.

George