Mark Price retires

Mark Price couldn't get a job so he is announcing his retirement today.
I don't know if he can still play or not, but he wouldn't be a bad back
up point guard.  I was lucky enough to see him play live once.  He was
much stronger than you would imagine and was constantly on the move.
Like Jamal Wilkes, he was much more exciting to watch live using the
whole floor.  TV could not do him justice.

One of the best compliments paid to him had some racial overtones.  I
remember reading an interview with Kevin Johnson who said he lost his
confidence when he came up because he was getting killed everyday at
practice by this white guy.  He said if he hadn't been traded, he might
have quit.  It was only later when he realized how great Price was.  The
url at ESPN is:

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/1999/990211/01098607.html
--
Bentz