From: R. Bentz Kirby [mailto:bocelts@usit.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 1999 1:20 PM
To: Odegaard, Greg M.
Cc: Celtic Mail
Subject: Re: Media and Kobe

Greg:

Actually, Shaq was hurt and did not make much noise in the 4th quarter. So
he
had already done his damage.  Last year in the playoffs, Kobe disappeared,
big
time.  Just as I would say about Pierce, doing it in the playoffs when it
counts
is the thing, not in these games.  Kobe is athletic, but has yet to show
that he
is a bona fide basketball player who is a star.  He is being promoted
because he
can soar to the basket and make a big dunk, not because he is fundamentally
sound and makes his teammates better.