-----Original Message-----
From: uunet!igtc.com!owner-celtics
[mailto:uunet!igtc.com!owner-celtics]On Behalf Of peter delevett
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 1999 12:09 PM
To: Jim Meninno; Celtics
Subject: Re: Centers?

Looking at last night's box score against Miami, I have to raise the same
question: Riley played only 12 minutes, had 5 boards and 2 blocked shots. DeQ
played 29 minutes, had 6 boards and one block. So what gives? Is Pitino trying
to showcase Andrew for a trade? Even if Riley doesnt know the system yet and
isn't in "Pitino shape," he seems to be getting a lot more out of his minutes
than anyone else.

Jim Meninno wrote:

> Riley played well against Cleveland, but he's still learning the plays
> at both ends of the court.  DQ needed some time and already knows the
> system.  It's not as if Riley was going to rescue this game.  By the
> way, don't judge Andrew's game by the box score.  The guy looks even
> more intense this year.  He's an animal.
>
> I still think it would have been better to use Bowen on Penny and take
> your chances with Nick Anderson.   Although that probably wouldn't have
> made much of a difference either.  They were just totally outplayed.

I was wondering if Pitino would put Bowen on Tim Hardaway last night. Did he?

I'm glad to see KA broke out of his scoring slump, but 4 of 14 still sucks.
I'm also glad he dished out 7 assists.