Re: Halftime thoughts

And it wasn't just one missed call either.  That charge came after a
period where I felt Orlando could have been whistled for about 4
charges.  To call one on the Cs at the end of that sequence was
astounding.  And how about that non call on Outlaw's goaltend!  I guess
the refs play out garbage time just like most teams do.

But none of that was the reason Boston lost.  It was the matchups at 1,2
and 3 that killed them.  How many teams can throw three 6'7"-6'9" guys
out at those positions.  It forced Boston to go to a completely untried
starting lineup.  In retrospect I think they'd have been better off
starting Bowen at 2 and letting him take Penny on D.  Anderson would
still have his hands full with Nick Anderson, but at least he's not
bringing the ball up every play,  I'm not sure having Ron back for this
one would have helped very much.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they come out of this 6 day break
already.  If they can't get healthy and integrate the new guys, Popeye
and Eric especially, the ugliness will continue.  I still think they'll
be right around .500 and hopefully a little over, but I was looking
forward to seeing some more artistic ball this year.

Jim

>From: "Bob George" <bgp@lightspeed.net>
>To: "Celtics List" <celtics@igtc.com>
>Subject: Halftime thoughts
>Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:49:25 -0000
>
>5.  We got burned on fouls at times.  The offensive foul on Popeye (?)
was