observations

My take after two games I couldn't see:

Don't panic. Don't trade Mercer, don't trade Kenny. Don't get too excited about
Pierce (although it's hard not to). Don't expect too much from Eric Riley or
Tony Battie, although Riley looks like a nice pickup.

Do look forward to getting Declercq back (am I really typing that?), along with
Popeye and McCarty. The bench is awfully thin right now.

Having said that, I still think the best option for this team to explore in the
pivot is Elden Campbell. I say that because he could be a high-reward, low-cost
option. We might get him for Popeye and others, because he clearly is being
phased out in L.A., especially once Rick Fox comes back and if they sign Rodman.
I love Popeye, but if we can pick up a quality center (albeit an expensive one)
without trading one of our big 3, I say do it.

Anyway, I think when this team gets healthy, you'll see a much improved style of
play. Also, it will be interesting to see how the Heat handle the Celts after
playing in N.Y. Sunday and in Charlotte tonight. They could have some tired
legs.

Mark