MERCER

I just can't get over this.  Say you have a job - any kind of job, at which
you've worked very hard, are good at, and you've been a faithful employee.
Then one day you are injured, or don't feel well, or make a mistake,
whatever.  Do you think the boss should fire you?  Of course you don't, so
why this picking on Ron Mercer?  He's a second year player, isn't he?
Didn't he have a monster game in pre season?  He was not supposed to play in
the first two games, but Pitino played him.  Rick said he should not have
done that - the brace was bothering him, and he couldn't elevate.  You're on
his case, he's no good, etc., etc.  There's no way we should be getting rid
of Ron Mercer.  He's going to be a great player and we need more like him.

I'll get off my soap box now, but how upset were some of you that there was
so much criticism of Walker?  Well, many of us feel that way about Mercer.
Give the kid a chance to recover, then see what he does before you want to
throw him away.  Same with Anderson, he has a bad game and you want to get
rid of him, too.  All I can say is some of you have a very short memory.

Dorine