RE: Number of players on roster

Why Pitino,  with no consistent outside scoring threat,  did not go after
Sheppard who Atlanta is supposedly happy with, instead of Garnett perplexes
me.  If you look at some of the second team backcourts in the league
(especially Indiana) I think several players could start on the Celtics.
 We still need some veteran leadership like a Kevin Johnson bad, and
Anderson has not shown it.

We could have signed Sheppard, why we did not I don't know.  Atlanta is not
going to take our trash.

We are set at the 3 & 4 spots time, with virtually no consistent outside
scoring threat in the backcourt it could be a tough season.

We don't need both Popeye Jones & Battie,  one is expendable. I like Battie
he just needs to beef up & get some more playing time. The Lakers need a
rebounding 4, and with Fox & Horry & Jones they are deep at the 3, could we
swap the Jones boys Popeye for Eddie ? Eddie can play the 2 & 3 spots.

I would also look to move Anderson and Barros for a bigger backcourt pla
yer.  We are going to be killed by the big backcourt players.  I am not
sure we have really progressed from the Wesley & Barros/Brown days where we
had trouble due to their height.

On Sunday, February 07, 1999 2:57 PM, Dana Haven [SMTP:dhaven@ime.net]
wrote:
> Is a team able to have 12 or 14 active players on a roster?
>
> Battie, Walker, Pierce, Mercer, Anderson, Riley, Jones, McCarty, Minor,
Barros,