Opening act a dud

Ewwww.....we didn't expect this, did we?

TSN (the feed that I was FORCED TO WATCH) said that Popeye Jones was
injured, that's why he didn't play.  That was news to me, but it makes
sense.  I have still yet to see Popeye play for us except in highlight
tapes.

Ohhhh my Lord....hope tonight was just a one game abberration against a team
that we were playing for the third time in a row.

Rebounding?  Yick.  Battie isn't the answer down low.  Riley did okay but
Willis still took him to school.  Schintzius?  Tell me he really isn't that
bad.  Might Jones have made a difference here?

Most galling to me were the turnovers.  Most of them came simply sloppy
play.  It is hard to figure why the Celtics could look so pathetic in trying
to run an offense tonight.

TSN also mentioned injuries.  Should Mercer have played?  In retrospect I
think not.  He limped and hobbled all night and had no confidence in his
normally lethal jumper.  Walter McCarty was NFF tonight, DeClercq didn't
play, and both Barros and Riley suffered twisted ankles tonight.  Still, it
was a very flawed offensive unit tonight that gave the team no chance to
win.

Article either tonight or tomorrow

Bob George

Read Bob George's Best Of Boston Sports At
http://www.bobgeorge.com