Re: Back to Earth

In a message dated 2/5/99 11:37:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dforant1@nycap.rr.com writes:

<< We shot awful, rebounded worse, many turnovers converted to
 easy Toronto points, not Celtic like defense of last year. Pierce continues
 to impress. I am really shocked. Team didn't look ready to beat a bottom
 feeder.  >>

Actually our shooting percentage was good - but we did get killed on the
boards. Really could have used Popeye with Mercer playing only 22 ineffective
minutes. Sloppy ballhandling. I can understand Willis abusing us, but
Christie?  Pierce really looks like the real deal although we've only seen him
against the Raptors so far. Riley with 9 pts & 11 rebounds! We may have really
found a diamond in the rough. Meanwhile our 2 highest paid players disappeared
in the second half (Walker/Anderson).

Did you enjoy the view from the bench Stew?

George