Pressing thoughts...

Hello gang,

    It has been quite some time since I have posted anything to the group.
First off, (to those of you celebrating) Merry Christmas.  I thought I was
fortunate to see the game tonight on TNT.  Man, do we suck.  Let me qualify
that by saying I do believe we have an immensely talented team.  Forgetting
"Always Nervous" Pervis, I love the team we have.  That said...someone
please tell me why we are paying our "coach" millions of dollars a year.  We
gave him the team, gave him control of the future of our club, he got the
players he wanted, and has, in my mind, done nothing with it.  We have a
team built for speed.  A team built for pressing.  What do we do...play man
to man offense and settle back on defense only to give up the baseline
virtually every time down the floor.  I have tried to rationalize it
away...saying we did not have our full team on the floor at any point this
year...but isn't that all the more reason to play "Pitino-ball?"  For 3
minutes I saw the Celtics play amazing ball.  Pumped up, full of energy,
hard-pressing-dive-for-loose-balls-hard-to-the-rim basketball.  For 45
minutes I saw them play like my JV-b high school team.  So I ask you...have
I missed something?  Where is our heart?  Where is the drive to win?  Where
is the joy of playing?  Does anyone have any answers for me?

Jp