Re: Celts TV announcers

In a message dated 12/27/1999 9:58:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
opi@unesco.org writes:

> DJessen33@aol.com wrote:
>
>  > Chick still does the Laker games...
>
>      One more reason to hate the Lakers I guess.:-)

Living out here, I get to hear Chick Hearn fairly often.  It has taken me
many years to acknowledge that he is terrific at what he does.  Yesterday,
Walton made an ass of himself with his hyperbole, and was occasionally
tongue-tied.  Chick Hearn could be doing a game when suddenly space aliens
emerged from the scoreboard.  Chick wouldn't miss a tick.  Is he a homer?
Sure, so was Johnny Most.  And most folks peg Chick as being in his early
80s, and he hasn't missed a game in about 34 years.  I am an unusual Celtics
fan in that I respect the Lakers, who have the second greatest history in the
NBA.  The Celtics have Russ, Cooz and Bird, the Lakers have Kareem, Elgin and
Magic.  Chick Hearn is a big part of it.  Give credit where credit is due.