RE: Mercer

I give them E.W back in a sign and  trade deal !!!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
peter delevett
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 1999 1:53 PM
To: Celtics
Subject: Mercer

I know somebody posted this link to the list, but unless you actually
clicked
to it and read the whole item you wouldn't know what it was about. So I
thought I'd post it. Listen, everybody have a great holiday. Where have you
gone, Way Ray??

Mercer on block

Former Celtic Ron Mercer may not make it past the Feb. 24 trade deadline as
Nugget. Sources said yesterday that Denver continues to offer Mercer in
trade.

There are two reasons the club is looking to move him. First, he hasn't fit
as
well into the Nuggets' plans as hoped (he's been their leading scorer, but
the
club looks to Antonio McDyess in key situations). Also, the Nuggets believe
they will not be able to keep him when his contract is up at the end of the
season.

Mercer's reps have said he wants to stay in Denver, but the club isn't sure
it
will be able to afford his asking price.

Said one GM to whom Mercer has been offered, ``If Mercer goes as a free
agent,
they end up with nothing for trading Danny Fortson and Eric Williams.''

(So much for, 'We traded the wrong guy.')  ;)