Two degrees of separation

So I'm chit chatting with a new co-worker and she starts talking about how
she has to make all this food for her brother and her boyfriend. They want
a cake, two sweet potato pies, a pot roast, turkey, etc. She said, "my
little brother....ok, so he's not so little... and my boyfriend can really
eat. And Tiny said he wants a leg of lamb too."

I started laughing at the notion of her boyfriend named Tiny eating all
that food. I pictured this large man with a big belly stuffing his face and
said, "he doesn't sound that tiny...he must be tall." She said, "he's 6'1",
but they have always called him Tiny ever since he was little. And he
played basketball so I think it was a good motivator. He's in the Hall of
Fame so I think it worked."

Huh? You should have seen the look on my face. Tiny Archibald is your
boyfriend? Sure enough and they've been together for 11 years. I can hardly
believe it. I then offered to come over to help her cook (no such luck).

She said Tiny lives in NY and they see each other on weekends. He was a
principal at a school last year, but decided to take time off recently. I
mentioned that it would be good for him to come help the Celtics,
especially Kenny. She said that he used to coach Kenny in New York.

Tiny Archibald's girlfriend is my new co-worker. Talk about your degrees of
separation!!

Theresa