RE: Tommy is getting critical

>From: DJessen33@aol.com
>
>Has anyone noticed that Tommy is most negative on the Celtics that he has
>every been? He has always been a defender while Coz was critical. Yet,
>against the Lakers, he was leading the critical charge and Coz was
>agreeing.  Plus, he exploded at Walker on his third foul and called it
>"Walker's dumbest play to date".  Does anybody have an idea why there is
> this change in heart?
>
>I think it might be because he thinks the talent on the team and with the
>new rules that the Celtics should fast break more.

I noticed Tommy's criticism too, and I think he's right on.  The Celtics
have all of the tools to be a devastating fast break team but for whatever
reason they just don't do it.

If the Celtics game plan is to run as much as possible (which I think
it should be) then Kenny Anderson has to shoulder a lot of the burden for
the problems the Celtics have had.  Not only is he lacking the mindset to
run on a consistent basis, but when he does run he is horrible at
rewarding the wingmen.  When a guy gets out on the break, sprints up to
other end of the floor only to watch Kenny drive into three guys, it
lessens his incentive to run the next time, *even if Kenny makes the shot
or gets fouled*.

I watched the Phoenix - San Antonio game last night and marveled at the
way all of the Suns were tuned into the running game.  They got out on
fast breaks faster than I've ever seen the Celtics.  It's like a machine
-- rebound, look for the outlet pass, run!  They would have the ball in
Jason Kidd's hands and headed up the floor before the Spurs could even
think about getting back on defense.  And the guys on the wing were
getting the ball.

Dan