From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
opi@unesco.org
Sent: Friday, December 17, 1999 2:35 AM
To: R. Bentz Kirby; Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Brian Hill fired

Strange isn't it? You'd think that Bibby and Shareef could start right
away for the Celts and the majority of NBA teams. Dickerson and Lopez are
tall, slashing off guards and Othella Harrington is having a breakout year
at power forward (.527FG%, .728FT%, 15.6ppg 7.2rpg) at the age of 25.

It gives me pause to see a team with similar young talent to our Celtics
so far down at the bottom of the league tables. One thing it suggests is
that Pitino may be doing a fair job as head coach after all.

The flip side of this coin is that there are a lot of teams near the top
of the standings that don't seem to have qualitatively better talent than
the Celts:  just a lot more age and experience playing together in the
NBA.

------