Walker

Speaking for myself, I feel I over-evaluated AW after his first year.
Looking for someone on the C's to pin my hopes of another championship to
hang from the rafters, I grasped for the first potential starlike material I
could find.  I began watching the C's in the mid-80's and got to see some
fine play from the green.  I like most others thought we had a saviour in
Lenny Bias and then Reggie Lewis.  So when AW came along, finally another
star in the making.  All the physical tools and maybe soon the mental and
leadership tools to go along with them.  But, it appears as though it may
not happen.  Now he just looks overpaid.  Can AW play basketball, I think we
all know he can.  Can he meet our expectations, maybe not.  Not to abuse a
cliche "but some things you just can't teach".  Rather than running AW out
of town for not being who we want him to be, I hope the C's find a role he
can be comfortable with.