Re: Celtics Barely Win: Celtics 100-Rockets 96

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Sptguy33@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 12/13/99 4:53:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> RSMALL@clarku.edu writes:

> The problem is that he argues with refs whjile the game is going on.... then
> he sulks and jogs back... that's the kinda stuff that drives fans crazy.

> he's just oversensitive -- he really believes that the refs are against him,
> and it affects his play.
>
> He's a weird dude. Sometimes he's just fascinating to watch in person.

Kind of a chicken and the egg deal. He made a name for himself as a complainer
so the refs didn't like him, and now they do hate him.  Does anyone think
Pervis should be given a greater leadership role on the team? For all of his
injuries, Pervis is still the most socially apt of any of the Celtics I've
seen(just hearing him talk for brief periods). He seems to be able to lighten
up almost anyone. I get the feeling if Pitino let Perv do his thing maybe the
team would be in better shape. Why doesn't Pitino start Pervis? Pervis may not
be the offensive threat Williams is, but he's a much better defender as well as
a shot blocker. That lets Williams get on the blocks where he'd be better
utilized.