Re: Celtics Barely Win: Celtics 100-Rockets 96

Hey Alex and All,

I've been biting my tongue so far on the Antoine thread, because I was at the
Denver game too, but what Alex says below is absolutely true. The crowd has
been far too harsh on Toine. Like I said, I was at the Denver game and during
the 2nd half blowout, three fans in front of me, got into a heated discussion,
about Toine. It started with a couple of them yelling for Toine to get back
on D and missing shots, then they were calling him names (some I wouldn't
type here) and calling for his trade.

The language was really bad, they were yelling at everything he did and I was
just trying to enjoy the blowout with my wife and 5 year old daughter. I'm no
Toine fan, but I couldn't stand the way these 3 "fans" were acting. What made
the situation worse was that the Fleet was maybe 50% full for that game, so
every negative comment was heard. And this on a night where the C's should have
fealt like conquering hero's sending Mercer, Billups, etc home with their
tail between there legs.

One final thought, imagine what Paul Pierce thinks of the Boston fans, after
he dominates the game and Mercer and all that's heard is fan's getting on
Toine. Or Tony Battie, shoving the El Busto tag up the nuggets.

Great line from my daughter though: Upon hearing the name of the Denver team
was the nuggets, my wife says, you know like gold nuggets and my daughter
says:
"Oh like Chicken Nuggets"

Frustrated with the Fans,
Tone