Re: Celtics Barely Win: Celtics 100-Rockets 96

In a message dated 12/13/99 12:47:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, opi@unesco.org
writes:

<< The one player in the last 15 years who reminds me of Larry Bird (a
 lobotomized Bird) in terms of his competitiveness, triple-double caliber
tools
 and last-second bombs, but he turns out to be "too black" for Boston even
before
 he reaches Bird's rookie age.  >>

That's a real reach. This guy's a 40% shooter and he's missed ten times as
many last second bombs as he's made. He's not any more or less competitive
than Pierce. And he doesn't have a go-to move -- Bird had about six.

But I do agree that he's too "black" for Boston -- Boston likes its black
guys to act like Parish or Pierce. Strutting, whining, yapping and making
faces doesn't work here. Period. We're still trapped in the 1950's.

Personally I really liked Antoine, but he's just a jerk. He really is. He
acts like a jerk. He might be the nicest guy on the planet off the court, but
on the court, he acts like an assh*le. After four years, I need a rest. I
say, trade him.