Re: Celtics Barely Win: Celtics 100-Rockets 96

>From: "R. Bentz Kirby" <bocelts@usit.net>
>You know, I think that this team would be playing a lot better, but the
>negative vibes, overcoaching and impractical gms on this list are really
>screwing up the teams karma.  Get with the positive flow.

I don't know how much "credit" our list can claim for this, but the "fans"
in attendance at the Fleet sure have something to do with it.  I can't
believe the Celts have such a good home record.  I mentioned I went to the
game on Friday, and I couldn't believe the reactions Walker was getting.
EVERY TIME HE MISSES A SHOT, the entire building lets out a sort of moan.
There was one kid a couple of rows behind me who responded to any Walker
move that didn't result in a basket, and possibly some that did, by yelling
out "What was that?" or "Trade him!".  People who engage in this sort of
behavior are not fans.  They are sad, pathetic, jealous people, with no
sense of self respect, who need to direct their venom at an easy target.
And what easier target is there than a young millionaire who is compelled to
appear before a crowd night after night?  He can not so much as yell back
"Bite me!" without newspaper articles being written about him.  If he did
any more than that he'd be fined and suspended.  No, these people are not
fans.  They are not there to see the Celtics win.  The Celtics did win, and
Antoine played fairly well.  If you ask me, this problem is already having a
negative affect on Antoine's play and if it continues it could get very
ugly.

Jim