Re: Pierce's injury

   "Day-to-day" is better, I guess, than the usual "4 to 6 weeks."  If there
is any area in which we fans are ignorant, it's this "toughness" thing and
how "the great ones play hurt."  I have no idea how badly Pierce is hurt, or
what the deal is/was with Ellison's feet or Fortson's stress fracture.  I
don't know how common it is for teams to rush a player back into action too
soon and then denigrate him if/when he doesn't perform to expectations.  You
hear a lot of it in football, where behemoth linemen can be replaced fairly
easily.  Remember the TV special some years ago called "Disposable Heroes?"
How it takes Jim Otto about ten minutes to get out of bed in the morning?
One hopes that Pitino and his medical staff look at the long run - the rest
of the seasopn - and let Pierce recover fully before bringing him back.