Re: $71 mil

In message <3850095B.2AE19B45@amcity.com>, peter delevett said:
> I was thinking last night about this $71 million debate. MAybe a little
> research effort is in order: Who are the other players to have signed a
> Walker-type deal since the new CBA was signed? I know Abdur-Rahim. Who else?
> How do their stats and their teams' performance compare to Antoine?

Sorry, but I do not really care how other "maximum contract" players compare
with Walker.  If a team pays anyone other than a superstar that kind of
money, it is screwed until the end of the contract.  I want the Celtics to
win a title, and if Walker cannot perform to the level demanded by his
contract, the  odds of that happening become very small.  Whether other teams
have made similar mistakes is of no interest to me.

Please do not get me wrong...I have nothing against Walker, and I am not
saying he is a bad player or a mistake.  I have not seen him enough to judge.
 His field goal percentage and decline in rebounds worries me, though.
--
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com