negativity despite Cs success

A little while back someone complained about the negativity that at times
seems so prevalent on the list.

I think it is important to realize that a large chunk of the negativity on
the list tends to take the form of people "dumping" not on the coach or
team but on other people on the list. From where I sit what separates
negativity from thoughtful commentary is not necessarily WHAT is said but
HOW it is said. A negative about a perceived negative does not necessarily
add up to a positive. Indeed, when indulged in gratuitously (as below) such
"negativity for the sake of combating negativity" seems to embody all the
worst characteristics that have lately been so loudly asserted concerning
"negativity". Dare I say it smacks of "the pot calling the kettle black"?
Perhaps we need to cut Antoine some slack since it seems that we need look
no farther than this list to find problems with maturity.

I'll keep this short, before - to use another cliche - someone decides to
"hoist me on my own petard" by accusing me of being "too negative on the
negativity-negators" ;) and simply end by extending my congrats to Pitino
and the team as a whole on a fine victory that must surely taste sweet,
particularly since it involves a certain degree of vindication. I could get
used to this kind of ball - GO Celts GO!!

Best wishes - Tom Murphy

> Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 22:02:32 -0400
> From: "Cecil Wright" <cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca>
> Subject: Tonight
>
> Awfully quiet on the Celtic Grouch List tonight!  Wassup???  Where are
> y'all???  Pitino sucks!  Toine sucks!  Waltah sucks!  Barros sucks!
Battie