Re: Barkley

Douglas342@aol.com wrote:

>    A terrible ending to a great career.  Chuck may have been a boor at times,
> but I have read more stories about him being a genuinely nice fellow
> (although a bit rambunctious.)  He played his heart out every time he stepped
> on the floor, and appeared to enjoy what he did.  I don't go to many games,
> but,. with the exception of Jordan, I can't think of anyone I enjoyed
> watching more.
>    The NBA will be a grayer place without him.

I agree with every line above. I can't help it. I liked Chuck ever since he was
the "Round Mound". He shouldn't be lumped together with Rodman and guys like
that. He was controversial, but he was not a moron or a drone. Setting that issue
aside, he was an awesome player who at 6-4 was an underdog every second he
stepped out on the floor. He was very easy to root for, at least from my
perspective. What a terrible ending.