Barkley

As much as he has been a pain in my ass, I must really say that the
Chuckster has shown impeccable class during the postgame conference.  He
said he knew it was over as soon as he saw his kneecap.  He said that the
man upstairs wanted him to end his career in the city where it all started
for him.  He said he accomplished far more than he ever expected as a
professional and he was glad that he played well in what is now his last
game in Houston.

He also says he will be at the Fleet on Friday since the Celtics are doing
something special for him.  Said he is putting off the operation because
Bill Russell will be there and he has alot of respect for him, as well as
the entire Celtic organization.  He misses the Garden and the Spectrum and
the battles those teams had.

Maurice Cheeks and Andrew Toney are the best players he has ever played
with.  Thinks Larry Brown needs to stay on Iverson because the young players
today think all the coach does is criticize.  Iverson will be really great
when he allows his teammates to be more involved.

"If I am lucky enough to go into the Hall of Fame, it will be as a 76er."

Like him or loathe him, Charles Barkley is a shoo-in during his first year
of eligibility, and tho he has had many turbulent periods on court, he
presented a humility tonight which I never anticipated.

See ya Friday Chuck!

Cecil
My ICQ# is 12716333
Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/12716333 (go there and try it!)
Send me E-mail Express directly to my computer screen
12716333@pager.mirabilis.com