Re: Denver

Yeah, if Nick the Quick pulls any kind of "Sam Cassell" on Kenny, we are
in some trouble. My hope is that Mercer comes back to the lineup and as
a result there aren't enough shots to go around and chemistry will
suffer. In addition, it frankly will be kind of meaningless to whup
Denver if they are not at full strength, although you can argue the same
thing about the Celts with Fortson out.

This is a game for Dan Issel to demonstrate what 90% of sportswriters
agreed on last August, namely that the McNuggets pulled a fast one on
our sorry-ass, has-been Celtics franchise. My sense is that Pitino knows
what's at stake in terms of Celts Pride and will prepare his club well
to deliver necessary whup-ass on them. If you look at our schedule, this
really is a must win also. All I can say is that I hope Marie-Antoinette
Walker doesn't show up again tomorrow with his 33% shooting and 5
boards.

Which reminds me, this may be a meaningless statistical anomaly but the
Celts presently have four of their top seven scorers shooting .500 or
better just like the efficient Celts of old, uh, sort of. Well actually
not at all, but still it is an interesting stat I think.  Last year only
Battie did it (6.7ppg). The season before that, nobody on the team did.

-------