Re: I like this Elton Brand - Part II

> Again I put up my case for Brand.
> Walker+Pervis (or barros) for Brand + No.1 (lottery protected is ok
> too)

Trades are made because both teams feel like it would improve them.
This one doesn't satisfy that. First of all, Chicago would have to
sacrifice a lot of the cap room that they've been carefully saving to
take Antoine's salary in this trade. It just doesn't seem to make
sense from their point of view; I mean, if you like Brand and think
he's better than Antoine, why won't they? And Brand is locked up under
a cheap rookie contract for many years.

Second, it's not like this team fills positional needs for both teams
(like the Mercer for Fortson trade did). Chicago isn't in a situation
where it can think about filling positional needs; it's too bad a team
with too many holes. And Boston would be acquiring another undersized,
tough rebounding power forward. Didn't we just do that? I'm not saying
that Fortson and Brand are the same player, but I doubt that you could
play them together effectively.

Alex