From: Cecil Wright [mailto:cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca]
Sent: 06 December 1999 16:40
To: Sampath, Venkatesh; 'Alex Wang'; celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: RP show - December 6, 1999

I also watched the Toronto-Spurs game.  I've had the opportunity to watch
several of their games now and I do NOT share your assessment of the
Raptors.  You're talking mental toughness and Carter had a career day
against them with 39 points, scoring 40% of their total.  Not to mention
that the Admiral sat a spell as a result of an injury.

They have 6 losses, while we have 8.  Granted they have a couple big wins
over LA and Miami, but their losses have been just as ugly as ours.

L - #1 - 13 pt loss to the C's where we shot 52% and they committed 17
turnovers
L - #2 - 3 pt loss to the 76ers where the Raps shot 37% and committed 18
turnovers
L - #3 - 9 pt loss to the Wiz.  Raps shot 33% with 16 turnovers
L - #4 - 1 pt loss to the Suns.  Christie clanked 2 free throws with 5.1
secs and Lafrentz had 18 rebs
L - #5 - 25 pt loss to Denver, despite Mercer shooting 6/20.  Raps had 23
turnovers
L - #6 - 18 pt loss to the Hawks.  Raps shot 38% while Atlanta shot 54%.

I'm not sayiing the Raptors stink out loud, but they are not the mentally
tough team which you thought you saw on all occasions.  They also suffer
from a case of nerves e.g. Christie bricking 2 freebies for the win.

Pitino is doing a good job.  8-8, though we could be 10-6, without Fortson,
is not reason to abandon ship.  The C's will improve.

Cecil