Re: Philly game

DJessen33@aol.com wrote:

> The C's actually played pretty well considering that Pitino again spotted the
> other team with a 10 point lead by playing the second unit again. The
> starters could have played a little better but considering that they have to
> make up the second unit deficits and they were playing away from home, they
> don't have anything to hang their heads about.
>
> Here's the problem. Pick any team that has 2 to 3 stars on it. What the
> coaches do on those teams is alternate subbing for those players so there is
> at least 1-2 stars on the floor at all times. Pitino doesn't do that. There
> is always a point where we have Barros, Cheaney, Williams, Walter and then a
> Battie/VP/Pervis.

And I think that Pitino has always done this and it has worked for him.   He
either has to get the right players as he did in Kentucky, or will have to change
his style somewhat.  But he will always substitute like this to some degree.  And
you can't play these guys to death.  Mainly, we need a center and an old veteran
that knows what it takes to win for leadership.  But, Tim Duncan would cure all
Pitino's coaching deficiencies as he did for that supposed coach in San Antonio.
:-)

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net