Re: Coaching

Dan F writes:

> Weak case. Pitino lost a game and maybe 2 because of his ability to adapt
> to reality. All I know is we won a big game against a big team with an
> assistant Mr. O'Brien. Maybe the Fleet likes Irish coaches. Pitino's
> mistake was assuming the fresh troups we have could carry the day. Wrong.
> Today'a modern theory is "no one is to blame". Someone has to be
> accountable. Thus the judgements on Pitino and Walker. Tonites game against
> Philly will tell us more about our coach.

One half doesn't prove much of anything. It's not like the Celtics
haven't beaten Miami under Pitino and his supposedly irresponsible
substitution patterns before, either. Even in this game, Pitino had
the Celtics leading before he was ejected, so it wasn't like suddenly
he was ejected and the Celtics, with their newfound substitution
patterns started winning. And this "someone is to blame" for every
single game is getting out of hand too, especially when the team WINS.
Some people want to blame Pitino every time the team loses, as if the
other team had a bunch of high school players with no talent who never
outplay the Celtics, just outcoach them. The same people never give
Pitino any credit for wins, only blame for losses. And now we have
Pitino getting criticized because the team won when he got ejected.
If the team had lost, he would have been criticized for losing his
temper when the team needed him. I can understand the frustration when
the Celtics lost three in a row, but we don't need all the negativity
after what I agree is a big game against a big team.

Alex