Larry Hughes

----- Original Message -----
From: W <titans@ihug.com.au>
To: Theresa Lee <tjoyce@mit.edu>
Cc: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: Hardaway Out for Friday!

> Theresa Lee wrote:
>
> > I watched Philly beat the Knicks last night on TNT. Look out for 20 year
> > old Larry Hughes. The Knicks looked awful. Actually, they both played
> > terrible basketball (31-31 at the half).
>
> Larry Hughes is going to be one of the best players to ever play the game
when
> he realises his potential. He has amazing athleticism and has that
finishing
> style that is Jordanesque - a few of the plays he made in that game were
simply
> unbelieveable. If I were Larry Brown I wouldn't be trading Hughes, I'd be
> dealing Iverson.

The problem with Larry Hughes is that he visibly loafs on the bench when he
feels he is not getting enough playing time.  This kid wants to start, bad.
Playing behind Iverson, that's a serious problem.  I think the fact that
he's playing so well with Iverson out speaks to this point.  He's a great
talent, but i wouldn't touch him unless I needed a starting SG.  Pierce or
Hughes?  Now that's an interesting topic.
-d