Re: Celtic Notes

> [...]

> every other year, and apparently the C's are going to save it for
> next season as...
>
> They may use the Greg Minor injury exception this year. It will be
> for half his salary, either $1.2 or $1.4 million. But it's not a
> sure-fire thing that it will be available to them, and even if it
> is there are certain requirements. First of all, the League physician
> has to certify that Minor can not play this season. If that's
> the case, then the NBA Board of Govenors must give thier okay.
> If that happens, the C's have to use the exception by October 1st.
> The good news is that it can be used as part of a package deal.
> So, if the C's were to deal for one of Orlando's 200 power forwards,
> they'd have an extra $1.2 or so million to accomplish the trade.
>
> The other exception is the Mid Level Salary Exception, and it will be up
> to $2.2 million next season.
>
> I think the presence of the Mid Level Salary Exception is one of the
> reasons,
> so many teams are trading away their draft picks. Why waste a million or
> so
> on an unproven player, when you can use the ML exception and come up
> with
> a proven commodity.
>
> Antoine Walker Trade:
>
> Is very difficult because he's a base year compensation guy for the next
> two
> seasons, and the C's can only take back fifty or so percent of his
> contract.
> So, a third team has to be involved to make the numbers work. But a
> trade
> isn't impossible, and I see two possibilities:
>
> Walker to Milwaukee for Glenn Robinson
>
> Walker and Potapenko to Dallas for Finley and Bradley
>
> A third team would have to intervene to make the cap numbers work, but
> with
> the Orlando Magic around, that's no problem.
>
> As to why Milwaukee would trade Robinson for Walker: George Karl has the
> Pitino disease. He wants athletes at every position and thinks he can
> take somone else's problem child and resurrect them. Also, one too many
> story
> this  summer about George Karl saying he's not shopping Robinson.
> Makes me suspicious.
>
> As far as the Dallas deal goes, both Bradley and Finley can be free
> agents
> in 2001, and there's whispers that both are leaving. Bradley because of
> his
> shot-blocking and rebounding is a better fit in Pitino's system than
> Pot.
> Finley would be great with Pierce.  From a Dallas perspective, Walker
> and
> V are signed for another five years, so they're not going anywhere. I
> think I would endorse this trade if it happened. Bradley and Fortson
> would be a funky Laurel and Hardy combo. Of course, the C's would have
Title: Celtic Notes

Celtic Notes

Approximately 6000 B.P., a proto-Scythian group in the Taurus
Mountains of the East Asiatic steppes, attained feudal domain over
their fellow Indo-Europeans under the leadership of the Great
Tula and began a two millenium Westward migration that would
see them reach the shores of Ireland and be known as the Celts.