Re: Trades phobia and Pitino bashing

> Pitino had the  same opportunity he had two first round picks #1 and #3
> which he could have traded to add the necessary help. Also, Riley
> didn't have the pieces in place he made good trades to get whatever he
> thought was needed. - Mishra

Whoa, hold on, if he really had the #1 pick, trading it would not have
been the right decision =)

And we don't know what kind of help that Pitino could have gotten with
the #3 and #6 in the draft. Evidently, by themselves, the picks would
not have netted Pippen. It's not like any teams were shopping Mourning
type players for draft picks at that point.

Riley just has a different approach; he goes with almost all veterans
where Pitino has gone with young kids, which is going to be a slower
approach. Riley also started with a 32 win team instead of a 15 win
team. I think Riley's done a great job building his team but I think
it's too early (based on a single relatively successful season and
a disappointing lockout-affected season) to be slamming Pitino.

Alex