Re: [OT] Re: Pippen,Woods, Duval

In a message dated 8/12/99 6:08:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bocelts@usit.net
writes:

> Mark O'Meara (sp?) started this subject, not Woods and Duval.
>
>  Dan Forant Sr wrote:
>
>  > Sounds like your one of the non-traditionalists. Well, have it your way,
>  > the rest of the sports world is going nuts anyway. End of this thread
for
> me.
>  >
   Whoever.  This topic illustrates what Dan means about the sports world
going crazy.  I really don't care if Duval and Woods get paid.  They probably
should. (Oh yeah - they DO get $5000 plus expenses.  Not bad for four days'
work.)  I don't care what Ron Mercer gets.  I don't care what Pervis gets.  I
want to watch basketball and golf, games played by athletes (OK, cut me some
slack here) who want to play the game to win. I don't want to read about
salaries, salary caps, insulting offers and fiscal whining.  It's not that I
begrudge them the bucks.  I just don't want 90% of my sports news filtered
through CPAs, agents and spin doctors.
    For what it's worth, count me among those who really want to see some
games this year.  Attention Kenny Anderson, Antoine Walker:  you are the two
who better step up this year.  No more excuses.  Time to walk the walk, as
they say.  This is a truly exciting time for Celtic fans.  Guess I better get
me one of them dishes, huh?