Re: Thanks, Dad

I think that's wishful thinking. The Green Bay Packers are publicly traded, as
are the Cleveland Indians, and neither of those teams are known for
stinginess. Investors in a sports team know that you have to spend -- on
salaries, facilities and promotions -- in order to have an exciting product
that generates a return.

At least the Marlins have a World Series ring to their credit. That's more
than a tightwad like Donald Sterling will ever have.

As for Mercer and McDyess, I think McD signed his deal before the new CBA went
into effect, so I don't think Ron CAN be paid more than him.