Re: PITINO

> Pitino has no obligation to trade him to a team that will extend his contract,
> and I really doubt that he would make that promise. Mercer and his agent are
> essentially trying to be extortionists to get an inflated contract before
> Mercer is forced to face his market value. I hope his agent shuts up and
> Mercer lets his play speak for him next year.

I'd be hoping for the sake of RP's professionalism that he wouldn't promise
anything of the such to Ron Mercer. Once hes dealt, I'm sure RP realises that its
none of his business what happens with Ron and his new team.
But this Toronto thing strikes me as funny; why do they need three young swingmen??

Warwick