Re: What?

In a message dated 8/8/99 4:19:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bocelts@usit.net
writes:

<< Am I missing something here?  Atlanta has traded two two first round
 draft picks for Lorenzo Wright.  I realize that they have three more
 picks in the first round, but he doesn't seem worth two picks.  It seems
 like they have gone nuts down in Hotlanta.  Maybe Kasten has been
 hanging out with Rick Pitino too much.

One of those picks is Toronto's and it's lottery protected until the Raptors
make the playoffs - so it may never be available.  That pick was traded to
NY, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and now the Clippers.  lt'll probably get traded a
few more times in the new millenium.  l happen to think he is worth 2 picks
(to a team that can spare them) but l also think that the Hawks are a very
bad fit and will expect him to be something he's not.  I'd have loved to have
him to share the 5 spot with VP but we neither had a $4.4 million salary to
offer him nor could we afford to package 2 picks unless someone thinks that
Kenny and Wayne are a long term solution.

George